Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
It is a mental disorder of the neurodevelopmental type, and it is the most frequent diagnosis in children. It is usually diagnosed and treated in children around 7 years old, even though in some cases it can be diagnosed earlier.
People with ADHD manifest a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity.
Training Plans for ADHD
We have at your disposal different chess exercises specifically designed for the complementary treatment of ADHD.
These exercises are grouped into three different Cognitive Training Plans
- Chess helps develop focus, concentration and increased attention span.
- Chess helps develop memory and encourages the development of thinking skills, analysis, logical thinking, scientific thinking, problem solving and visual thinking or “visualization”.
- Chess helps build character and self-esteem! … Healthy self-esteem comes from knowing that you can do hard things, because you really have done them.
- Chess is an inter-generational, cross-cultural, social activity.
- Chess is a lifetime group activity as well. … there are many organized group chess activities …thousands of chess clubs with organized team events as well as more traditional tournaments.